What do you think is the main difference between a dust extractor and a dust collector? Perhaps you’re one of those people who are wondering about its similarities and differences. You probably ask which is better to be used. Is it a dust collector or a dust extractor? The main truth is that these two tools are important in the workshop to maintain a safer and better and environment.
However, there are some instances that you may find it difficult to choose between these two types of tools in your workshop. If you want to learn and explore the advantages and disadvantages of these specific tools in your workshop, then keep in touch on the succeeding discussions.
What is a Dust Extractor?
Dust extractor has filters that separate big-sized particles from those microscopic ones. It uses a high volume of air that considerably travels slower through the wide hose, allowing for the bigger-sized portions of debris in traveling through its hose and to the tank while ensuring not to cause engine trouble or blockage problem. A dust extractor is perfectly used for suctioning particles in the air. It comes with filters that surely deal with microscopic dust or particles. Moreover, a dust extractor is a type of system for dust collection that can be utilized for handheld power tools and stationary ones. For those tools such as sanders, a dust extractor is said to be the most effective means of getting or extracting dust that falls to a ground surface and those that remain airborne.
Advantages of Dust Extractors
Lots of people who work in manufacturing factories or industries are at high risk of danger because of exposure to unpleasant fumes, dust, and toxic air. These things oftentimes lead to some health ailments. In fact, dust that is being generated in the factories or industries may cause severe problems on the respiratory system of the human body, and it can harm the lungs and other organs of the workers. To maintain the good health of the employees in the industries and have a better atmosphere in the workplace, a dust extractor is generally used. This tool effectively captures dense particles in high dust environments. Dust extractors are said to be the best solution for health issues in most industrial premises.
To learn more about its great benefits and advantages, you may take a glimpse at the following lists of advantages of these dust extractors:
- Enhances the employees’ overall safety and health status – Installing a dust extractor in any industry can help to have a better working environment, which may also provide great benefits to the health of the workers in the company. With the use of effective dust extractors of the industries, these will efficiently clean the air, which comprises dust, harmful gasses, debris, and other harmful objects present in the air. So, even the tiniest particles will be filtered out, which allows the workers to have fresh air while working inside the industries.
- Increased productivity – Once the dust accumulates on the machinery inside the industry, this could possibly ruin them or could hamper the smooth functioning of the production, resulting in a lower productivity level. In the worst-case scenario, this may lead to some financial losses to the company. So, these dust extractors can extract contaminated air. With this, it can protect the machinery while maintaining a good productivity level of the business company.
- Enhance the efficiency of the entire workforce – Poor breathing is a cause of the presence of dirt, dust, and some other dangerous particles in the air, which may be the results to hamper the great performance level of all employees. This will somehow affect the overall production of the business company. In other words, clean air within the workplace can maintain the productivity level, resulting in better efficiency at work.
- Compliance with rules and regulations – Every nation has some existing criteria and regulations to which industries need to adhere to the safety and health precautions of the employees. Once these basic qualifications and standards are not properly maintained, then the firm or the company may face some legal issues, resulting to the shutting down of the business.
Aside from those things, dust extractors can save air pollution while ensuring higher performance levels for the employees.
Disadvantages of Dust Extractors
One of the main disadvantages of dust extractors is that they have filter bags that have lower quality infiltration compared to cartridge filters. Aside from that, once the bag filters need to be changed now, you may notice that it is quite time-consuming compared to switching cartridge filters. Although these tools use bag filters, it still requires fewer procedures in cleaning can be replaced after a prolonged duration of time.
What is a Dust Collector?
A dust collector is a type of tool in a certain workshop or industry that collects debris and some other forms of dirt which may start to cause dust formations. Dust collectors may have a great difference from dust extractors in terms of airflow, configurations, and their total effect. The dust collector’s configuration is a sequence of parts that work or function in tandem in providing a safer workplace environment.
Advantages of Dust Collector
Dust collectors have several advantages for all users. In fact, some business industries tend to use dust collectors in maintaining a better working environment inside the company. Some are the best benefits and advantages that you can get out of using dust collectors in your business industry:
- This device provides your vacuum with enhanced suction power.
- It also separates a high quantity of debris or materials, which it picks or gathers prior to hitting the vacuum being used in the industry.
- This tool is the perfect solution for the reduction of dust loading volume into the filter, which helps the vacuum to have a longer lifespan.
- This device has numerous versatile designs for various types of cleaning small shop circumstances.
Those things that were cited above are just some of the advantages of using dust collectors in the business industry or factories. Given those advantages, it is understood that the dust collection system is indeed essential to all types of business industries towards improved health status and overall safety of all workers.
Disadvantages of Dust Collector
There are some people who claim that dust collectors provide a low-efficiency level in collecting dust or debris from the air. Some would say that dust collectors operate at low volume, resulting in picking up or collecting the insufficient volume of dust or dirt from the air surface, which provides the additional cost of money and time. Sometimes, the dust collector filter does not perform cleaning procedures properly. If it has a filter that doesn’t perform cleaning processes, this may lead to higher pressure drop, reducing airflow at dust pick-up, and high energy consumption.
Using a dust extractor or collector depends on how these tools are to be used in the workshop or industry. It is important to determine the industry needs, space, and specific types of dirt or dust to be collected. All you need to do is identify the working facility’s best needs so that you can end up having the best tool that will be suitable for the betterment of the working process. So, regardless of what specific tool you will opt for between these two – dust extractor and dust collector – it is important to consider some other factors like filters, power, or extra features which the tool has.